Understanding the growth of new technologies and keeping in mind of giving an added value to its existing product eStorm-L1, Embien launched an Android app named “DAQ Suite”. With experience in developing Android app for many segments such as IoT, healthcare, automotive etc we have developed “DAQ Suite” for enhancing user experience in multiple industrial applications such as remote control, remote data acquisition/logging, etc.
This blog is the sequel of the blog “eStorm-L1 as GSM based remote switch” demonstrating the relay control and sensor monitor via an Android app. The following video shows the remote monitoring and control application typically applicable in industrial domain and many other verticals. The demo is setup using the GSM based remote switch and android application controlling the device through SMS command.
For the demo purpose we have connected two LED’s and two switches for demonstrating the relay control and sensor monitor functionality respectively. In the real time application, the LED could actually be a relay with suitable external DC supply for coil excitation and switch could be a sensor/transducer output preferably a digital high/low signal or even a pulse type output. The device stores all the configuration settings corresponding to the user, IO, etc in the EEPROM and hence preserved even on power cycling. Also the device has an option to erase the memory on site and start the user settings from the initial factory default.
The DAQ Suite android app includes the following menu options
- Device type selection setting – To select the type of the device need to be monitored or controlled. Available device will be listed in the Device model list box.
- User settings – To set the user details such as name, phone number, password, device description, and phone number to be taken for call actions etc.
- Relay settings – To set the on duration, ON/OFF delay etc. For multiple relays, the name of the device attached to the relay can be set.
- Update settings – To set the update interval for how much time interval the user need to receive the SMS about the current status of the relay and digital input. Many options can be chosen from the list view such as on change, periodic, both and none.
- Call actions settings – To set the action to be done on the relay upon calling the device. Either the relay can be switched ON/OFF.
The main screen of the DAQ suite includes the status of the SMS command being sent and time information of the last received/sent SMS. The control switch to toggle the relay and the status LED of the digital inputs is also included in the main screen.
Upon every operation, a SMS will be sent to the device with the predefined command set and the respective status of the digital inputs and relay will be displayed on the main screen based on the acknowledge SMS from the device.
About Embien: Primary focus of Embien technologies lies in the Industrial Automation segment. We have a rich experience in working on industrial automation and control systems with customers across geographies to enable their factories and assembly lines run efficiently. Our team have developed protocol stacks for various industrial protocols and enabled them in customer devices. We have created various Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) systems to make easier the interface with the machine. Our Machine to Machine (M2M) service offering includes developing system capable of remote monitoring and controlling of machines, PLC’s, etc.