The Evaluation Kit (EVK) for eStorm-B1 BLE module is a carrier board that brings out all the pins of the module to different peripherals helping users to evaluate the module. eStorm-B1, the BLE wireless module from Embien is powered by NXP’s KW31Z BLE SoC and it is available in both industrial and automotive grade on the same form factor, thanks to NXP’s pin compatible SoCs.
eStorm-B1 BLE Evaluation Kit
While the eStorm-B1 is likely to be mounted directly on the final product being designed, the Evaluation Kit EVK can be used for software development. Since it offers provision to test all the features available in the BLE module, it can offer significant time-to market advantage to the developer.
Some of the salient features of the development kit includes
- 1x CAN interface with on-board high speed CAN transceiver and necessary ESD protection
- * Either RS232 or RS485 serial interface
- * LIN interface with on-board LIN transceiver and necessary ESD protection
- 1x Differential Analog input supporting
- -10V to +10V differential input or
- 0 to 5V or
- 4 to 20mA current input
- 1x Opto-isolated digital input
- 1x Relay driver circuit based on open collector configuration
- 2 X 15, 100 mils expansion header for direct access of each eStorm-B1 module pin outs
- 1 X 5, 100 mils header for debug interface
- 1x Tactile switch for user interface
- 1x LED for notifications
- 3-axis high performance accelerometer
- 2MBit EEPROM
- On board DC-DC converter
- 5V DC power supply input via 100 mils header or micro USB connector
- 20mm coin cell holder for non-rechargeable battery power supply input
- 100 mils header for Li-Po battery supply input
- On board battery charging circuit for Lithium-Polymer battery
- Inbuilt battery monitor circuitry via available ADC
- Compact size - 50mm x 80mm
* RS232, RS485 and LIN interface use same UART, hence only one can be used at a time.
The feature rich board is offered in different variants that can be chosen based on the user requirements.
BLE Development Kit applications
Apart of being must used as a evaluation platform, the BLE development kit can also be used for various product development activities where engineering a new design increases significant costing. Some of the application areas the boards can be used are
- Smart Meter Reader
- RS232 to BLE converter
- RS485 to BLE Converter
- CAN to BLE converter
- BLE acquisition Kit
Mounting holes are also provided in the EVK so that it can be mounted on an enclosure conveniently. Screw type PCB connectors are provided for RS232, RS485, LIN and CAN interfaces supporting rigid connections to the external devices. Pluggable combicon connector can also be provided upon request.
Kindly get in touch with us for more information about the eStorm-B1 BLE Evaluation Kit.