Android Porting and Migration Services
Since the introduction of the open-source Android platform for mobile phones by Google, there has been a significant interest in the OEM community to migrate and customize Android for other embedded platforms. At Embien, we offer specialized Android porting and migration services that facilitate the applications developed for a different platform to be deployed on Android.
Being one of the early adaptors of Android and design house partners for leading silicon vendors, we are uniquely poised to bring up the OS quickly in the end product. Also, with its deep insight in C, C++, Java and Java Native Interface (JNI) technologies, Embien can quickly adopt your existing code base to Android. Based on the specific requirement/architectural suitability, we have integrated the legacy application either as a System Service via AIDL, as a HAL component, as a daemon or as a completely re-written app.
With deep domain expertise, we leverage Virtualization technologies to enable multiple OSes to run simultaneously on embedded systems. Our team of experts hold in-depth knowledge in the latest AOSP architecture, middleware components, HIDL, etc., and validate the system by regression testing, CTS & VTS.
Embien has developed some quality- competency based credentials with its outstanding service expertise in Android porting & upgradation.
- Helped build Android based CE devices for notes taking.
- Ported Android on to multiple HMIs and developed full stack industrial applications
- Experience in developing many Automotive Instrument Clusters
- Developed drivers and HAL for OEM/ODM specific hardware components meeting Android specifications.
- Developed several AOSP (Android Open Source Project) architecture and subsystems.
- Developed passthrough HALs for image sensors.
- Developed binderized HAL for Tyre Pressure Monitoring system.
- VTS test case supported for custom HALs.
- Built SDK with support for custom interfaces
- Conducted numerous Android Internal trainings to leading Tier I companies