eStorm-L1 is the latest eStorm mbed-enabled device from Embien targeted for low cost high performance processing segment. Based on Freescale Kinetis KL25 and powered by industry leading ARM Cortex-M0+ core, this platform is ideal for application which needs low power and low cost. Multiple options are provided to support immediate deployment in the field for various applications especially for M2M connectivity, Internet of Things (IoT) and Remote data acquisition.
Some of the features supported by eStorm-L1 are
- Powered by Kinetis KL25 processor from Freescale semiconductors
- Cortex M0+ processor at 48MHz offers high performance/Watts
- 128KB Integrated Flash and 16KB SRAM
- Multi Band GSM Modem for GPRS/GSM Connectivity
- RS232 or RS485 interfaces
- Multiple IO options
- Up to 8 Analog inputs
- Up to 8 Digital Outputs in FET mode or 4 in Relay mode
- Up to 4 Digital Inputs
- Full Speed USB Device interface
- SD Card support up to 32GB
- Real Time clock support
- Direct Interface with Character LCD
Apart from the complete software stack from Embien, the developments can be done over mbed baed online development tools.
Few of the target applications for eStorm-L1 platform are
- Remote Data Acquisition and Logging
- PoS terminals
- Industrial Monitoring and control
- Handheld terminals
Also ideal for quick prototyping.